How to : Homemade Herbal Hair Oil
So I had this sweet little teenager in our family who had so many pimples on her face that she was always in tears when she had to get ready for a function. She got her self checked so many times for the pimples that she had now accepted it. But then she meet me and after some diagnosis we realized that it was because of her DANDRUFF!!!
No matter what she did it would always come back and fall on her face in flakes and give allergies that manifested in form of pimples. She was so tired of endless hair fall and hard to get rid off pesky dandruff.
I have had beautiful lush hair all my life so thick and so full that I never had to worry about my hair. Now I realized why was it so.
My mom use to take care of my hair.
But when I was in college and moved to another city I had taken my hair for granted and neglected to follow the regime that she was doing to religiously.
My hip length hair had to be cut because they had become unmanageable and rough.
So now when I and more wiser and less young I realized the value of the regime and here I am coughing up the whole truth of gorgeous looking hair.
If you can relate to my story, I’ve got you covered. Please do make sure to rule out any underlying medical conditions if any.
Ayurveda is such a blessed science that allows us to use Mother Nature’s elements to heal our whole body. So today we are going to use these beautiful ingredients to heal our scalp and hair.
We are going to make a herbal hair oil for dandruff at home.
Ingredients needed for Homemade Herbal Hair Oil :
Sesame oil – Til oil – Sesame oil or til oil is popular in India and is used for hair growth and to maintain scalp health. It is a very nourishing oil which can be used for cooking and is enriched with Vitamin E, B complex, and minerals such as magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and protein that strengthens the hair from the roots and deeply nourishes.
Amla – India goose berry – Amla is an antioxidant and rich in Vit C it helps with the breakage of hair and keeps your hair follicle healthy by fighting the free radicals. Using amla for hair care also helps strengthen the hair shafts, preventing issues such as breakage and split-ends.
Fenugreek seeds – Methi seeds – Fenugreek has long been used to treat conditions that lead to dry, irritated skin, including dandruff — a condition marked by an itchy, flaking scalp. In some cases, these symptoms could lead to temporary hair loss. There are many different causes of dandruff, including excess oil production, fungal growth, inflammation, and dry skin. Fenugreek seeds could effectively treat all causes of dandruff and scalp irritation. It is anti-inflammatory moisturizing, anti-fungal, skin-soothing, and wound-healing properties
Curry leaves – Curry leaves are a rich source of beta-carotene and proteins, which can reduce hair loss and increase hair growth. They also contain amino acids and antioxidants which strengthen the hair follicles and moisturize the scalp. Curry leaves also help remove the dead hair follicles, which can be the reason behind dandruff.
Hibiscus flowers and leaves – Hibiscus is one of the most renowned herbs used for hair growth. It has gained popularity because of its ability to stimulate hair growth even from dormant hair follicles in bald patches. The flower is an efficient remedy to put a stop to hair fall, encourage regrowth, and prevent premature graying.
Neem Leaves – Neem leaves, fruits and bark which hold the maximum medicinal properties are available throughout the year. It has natural substances that act against bacteria; parasites and fungi.
Bheemsen Kapur – Also known as Camphor, when combined with herbal oils, can boost the hair growth considerably. Camphor is known for its calming and soothing properties which relax the mind and nerves. Camphor oil is very effective in strengthening the hair from the roots.
This Homemade Herbal Hair Oil has bounty full of love from all the ayurvedic ingredients used.
Applying this hair oil for 3 months can give do magic to your hair.
Homemade Herbal Hair Oil
- 100 ml cold pressed sesame oil
- ¼ cup dried Amla
- ¼ cup fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup curry leaves
- 1 cup hibiscus flower and leaves
- 1cup neem leaves
- Pinch of Bheemsen kapur
Instructions to make Homemade Herbal Hair Oil
- Clean all the fresh ingredients and towel dry them.
- Heat a pan and pour coconut oil in it. Let it simmer for some time.
- When the oil is hot enough to add all the fresh ingredients.
- You will see some bubbles on the top. Do not worry about the water content of the fresh ingredients releasing water.
- Now add all the other ingredients except Kapur.
- Now let it infuse on low setting for 30 minutes.
- You would want to keep stirring the mixture.
- Fresh ingredients might change color which is ok.
- Now remove it from the flame and allow it to cool.
- Strain the mixture and keep it in a glass bottle
Directions to use homemade herbal hair oil
- Apply the hair oil on your hair the previous night.
- You can warm the oil
- Apply some oil on the fingertips. Using your fingertips let the roots of the hair soak in the oil.
- Gently massage the scalp with this oil.
- You can use a hot towel cover for 15 minutes after the application. It’s really soothing.
- I would suggest use this oil two times a week for the best results.
- Continuously use it for three months you will see magnificent difference in your hair.
See me make this homemade herbal hair oil